Frequently Asked Questions
- Are polymer roofing membranes new?Open or Close
No. The first polymeric membranes were laid by Alwitra Gmbh in the 1960′s and are still protecting flat roofs some 40 years later. Alwitra provides what no other single-ply manufacturer can – over 40 years of experience, credibility and reliability.
- How long will an Evalon Polymer Membrane roof last for?Open or Close
All evidence, real life exposure, and laboratory tests suggest that when correctly installed, an Evalon roof will last in excess of 40 years.
- How Proven is Evlaon?Open or Close
Over eighty million square meters of Evalon have been installed worldwide from the glaring sun of the Middle East to the Arctic conditions of Alaska.
- Is Evalon suitable for my flat roof?Open or Close
Evalon is suitable for virtaully all flat roof and low sloping roofs.
- Are all roofing surveys free and without obligation?Open or Close
Yes, An independent Alwitra approved contractot offers a full service including, Design and specification, Written quotation.
- can I walk on it?Open or Close
Yes, it is resistant to frequent foot traffic. For heavy usage such as roof patio areas it can be overlaid with a variety of durable finishes, paving slabs, timber or plastic decking etc.
- Is Evalon expensive? Open or Close
No, despite its considerable technical advantages it compares well with other quality roofing systems and because of its long life span will oftern work out to be much cheaper over time.
- Is Evalon enviornmentally friendly?Open or Close
Evalon is an inert material with limited enviornment impact during manufacture and use of the product.